HAIR CARE TIPS
Here are just a few tips on daily hair care to keep your Shanil Luxe Extensions looking healthy, manageable, and reusable because without proper maintenance it won't last.
- Before you install bundles I strongly suggest that you shampoo them twice, condition once for the best results.
- When you rinse out the conditioner rinse until there are no suds left.
- Rinsing conditioner out is one of the most important steps.
- If you do not rinse it well, any residue or traces of product left in the hair will result in STIFF and DULL hair.
- Let your bundles air dry or hang dry.
- Now ready to install.
One of the most important things about hair extensions is that you have to baby them. When brushing your hair, be gentle. Always use a wide-tooth comb or paddle brush. Begin brushing or combing your hair from the bottom up, small sections at a time. For CURLY hair please detangle it when in water with conditioner. Do not comb it after it is dry, otherwise, it will cause tangling and matting. Without proper treatment, your hair extensions will get damaged quickly. Allow your hair to air dry.
Switch out your lace wigs, closures, and frontals too give them a break in between to prevent over wear and tear of the fragile lace. The less manipulation of the lace (extra combing, scratching, pulling, styling) the longer it lasts!
Preserve your Shanil Luxe at night in a silk scarf/bonnet.
We suggest you use FREE Sulfate shampoo and conditioner. Use Shampoo with oil in it such as Keratin oil, Argan oil, or Moroccan oil.
Treat this hair like your own hair. Use a good quality shampoo and conditioning products. Conditioning your hair is very important to keep it soft and manageable, we recommend using a deep conditioner once per week. Avoid using oil or heavy styling products.